LEARN HOW TO BREW YOUR OWN KOMBUCHA!
Kombucha is a delicious fermented tea with many health benefits and it’s all the rage in this new Millenia. However it is actually a drink of the ancient civilizations. It’s a very versatile beverage that may replace soda, carbonated waters and other store-bought drinks with an inexpensive healthy homemade option.
Why pay $4-5 for a pint at Sprouts or Whole Foods when you can make it at home for a fraction of the cost? We will teach you the simple steps to make fizzy Kombucha in the comfort of your home using only a few ingredients.
About the Class
Making kombucha at home is not only more affordable than buying it at the store, it’s healthier and much more delicious. At this in-depth workshop you will learn everything you need to know about brewing your own kombucha, including:
- Health benefits of Kombucha and fermented foods
- Basics of brewing
- Flavoring and second fermentation
- Tips and tricks
- Best ingredients for optimal results such as types of tea, sugar and herbs
- Get your kombucha-related questions answered!
- Plus sample various seasonal kombucha flavors!
You also have the option to take home a kit with everything you need to start making kombucha at home!
What is a Scoby?
Scoby is an acronym for “Symbiotic Culture of Bacteria and Yeast.” And that is exactly what it is! A Scoby is the living home for the bacteria and yeast that transforms sweet tea into tangy, fizzy Kombucha. Think of the Scoby as the mom of the Kombucha.
- $15.00: Class which includes tastings & Kombucha Guide with written instructions & recipes for flavoring
- $40.00: Class with a live Scoby culture & starter liquid to start your own Kombucha brewing
- $95.00: Class and Starter Kit with Scoby (Brewing vessel, black & green tea, Funnel, herb samples for flavoring plus, a live SCOBY culture) (Must sign up for this option no later than 7/14)