With miso as a probiotic powerhouse, and a perfect combination of veggies and protein, this health supportive comfort food keeps your tummy happy for hours!
- 2 cups brown rice, 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 eggs, 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 medium onion, small dice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium sized carrot, matchstick
- 1 medium bell pepper, diamonds
- 1 medium zucchini, cut on a bias
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 3 celery ribs, bias
- Basil, chiffonade
- 2 tablespoons mellow miso
- ¼ cup tamari (soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ¼ cup Ginger Juice
For Fried Rice
- Add 2 cups brown rice to 4 cups cold water.
- Bring rice to a boil then cover and lower heat to a simmer.
- Let cook about 20 minutes, or until rice is tender and the water is gone.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Add rice, eggs, and tamari and cook through until eggs are done. Set aside.
- In heated wok or large skillet, heat 1 tbsp oil
- Add onion and caramelize
- Add minced ginger and garlic, carrot, pepper, zucchini, cabbage, and celery and sauté.
- In a small bowl or blender, mix miso, tamari, vinegar, and ginger juice and pour into cooking veggies.
- Remove veggies from heat after 5-7 minutes (veggies should still be crunchy).
- Serve over brown fried rice.